Better late than never

 Maybe you will remember the paper piecing fun I had at the end of 2014, participating in Julianna's Last Minute Christmas Sampler QAL?  Julianna designed a wonderful collection of blocks for the Quilt Along and generously shared her patterns for free.  I finished a table runner using her Christmas Tree block, but only started making snowflake blocks by the end of 2014.

 


It has taken me a year since quilting this fabulous snowflake block, to turn it into a finished pillow, but so worth the wait!


I purposely chose colours that are not traditional for Christmas, because I wanted this pillow to be enjoyed the whole winter.  I have a thing for snowflakes and snowman for winter time decorating. ;o)


Happy colours and some wee pom pom fringe up the ante for fun finish (and leave me wondering why I took so long to get around to finishing...).

 
Feels so good to have this cleared off my work in progress list! I love the cheer it adds.
 Many thanks to Julianna for designing and sharing her beautiful patterns for paper piecing. 
 
P.S.  I still want to make each block she shared in the quilt along and can highly recommend her patterns, if you want some paper piecing fun. :o)

Comments

  1. Beautiful, what fun finish. I love the purple, it is great it is a winter pillow versus just a holiday pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the purple with the snowflake.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!